The menstrual cup is an environmentally friendly, durable, affordable, and healthy alternative to sanitary towels, panty liners, and tampons. The Merula menstrual cup is made of certified medical grade silicone and is 100% safe for your body. The cup does not contain chemical additives such as plasticizers.
The menstrual cup is a small flexible cup that is inserted, while folded, to collect the menstrual blood. The cup opens up again in the body and creates a leak-free seal. The pelvic floor muscles hold the cup in the correct position. After a period of time, no longer than 12 hours, the cup is taken out. The contents can be emptied into the toilet and afterward, it can be rinsed with water. The cup can then be reinserted immediately.
Thousands of women are already convinced of the Merula menstrual cup. These are the advantages of using the Merula Cup over tampons or sanitary towels:
- A cup can be used for several years.
- Produces much less waste than disposable products.
- Expensive products no longer have to be bought frequently.
- After a few months, the small investment in the Merula Cup will have paid for itself.
- No drying out of the vagina wall.
- The vaginal flora is maintained.
- No lint (such as from disposable products) left behind.
- No feeling of warm humidity like with disposable sanitary napkin.
- Longer wear time (up to 12 hours).
- Large capacity.
- Does not absorb water when swimming or bathing.
- No strings sticking out (invisible).
Safety warning: If you have an IUD, consult a doctor before using a menstrual cup.
Tip: The Merula cup is also available in XL format, especially for women with heavier menstrual bleeding.
By Zoe 22 / Jul / 2020
Wat een fijne cup, het was heel even oefenen want het inbrengen moet net op een andere manier, maar dit is 'm echt helemaal voor mij. Hij zit perfect, ik voel hem niet zitten en van doorlekken is absoluut geen sprake. Zeer tevreden!