The menstrual cup is an environmentally friendly, durable, affordable and healthy alternative to sanitary pads, pantyliners and tampons. The Merula menstrual cup is made of certified medical grade silicone and is 100% safe for your body. The cup does not contain any chemical additives such as plasticizers.
The menstrual cup is a small flexible cup that is folded in to collect menstrual blood. The cup opens up again in the body and creates a leak-proof seal. The pelvic floor muscles hold the cup in the correct position. After a period of time, no longer than 12 hours, the cup is removed. The contents can be emptied into the toilet and the cup and then rinsed with water. The cup can then be used again immediately.
Thousands of people are already convinced of the Merula menstrual cup. These are the advantages of using the Merula Cup compared to tampons or sanitary pads:
- A cup can be used for several years.
- Produces much less waste than disposable products.
- No more monthly costs.
- After a few months, the small investment in the Merula Cup will have paid off.
- No drying of the vaginal wall.
- The vaginal flora is maintained.
- No fluff (such as with disposable products) that remains.
- No feeling of moisture like with disposable sanitary napkins.
- Longer wearing time (up to 12 hours).
- Large capacity.
- Does not absorb water while swimming or bathing.
- No strings sticking out (invisible).
Safety Warning : If you have an IUD, consult a doctor before using a menstrual cup.
Tip: the Merula cup is also available in XL size, especially for people with heavier menstrual bleeding.
By Zoe 22 / Jul / 2020
Wat een fijne cup, het was heel even oefenen want het inbrengen moet net op een andere manier, maar dit is 'm echt helemaal voor mij. Hij zit perfect, ik voel hem niet zitten en van doorlekken is absoluut geen sprake. Zeer tevreden!