The menstrual cup is an environmentally friendly, sustainable, affordable and healthy alternative to sanitary pads, panty liners and tampons. The Merula menstrual cup is made from certified medical grade silicone and is 100% safe for your body. The cup contains no chemical additives such as plasticizers.
The menstrual cup is a small flexible cup that is inserted folded to collect menu fluid. This opens again in the body and creates a leak-free seal. The pelvic floor muscles hold the cup in the correct position. After a period of time, no longer than 12 hours, the cup is taken out. The contents are emptied into the toilet and the cup is then rinsed with water. The cup can then be replaced immediately.
Thousands of women are already convinced of the Merula menstrual cup. These are the benefits of using the Merula Cup compared to tampons or sanitary pads:
- A cup can be used for several years.
- Produces much less waste than disposable products.
- Expensive products no longer need to be purchased frequently.
- After a few months, the small investment in the Merula Cup will have earned itself back.
- No drying of the skin.
- The vaginal flora is maintained.
- No lint (such as from disposable products) that remains.
- No feeling of warm moisture such as with disposable pads.
- Longer wearing time (up to 12 hours)
- Large capacity
- Does not absorb water while swimming or bathing
- No strings sticking out (invisible)
Safety warning: If you have an IUD, consult a doctor before using a menstrual cup.
Tip: The Merula cup is also available in XL format, especially for women with heavier menstrual bleeding.